Who’s Mrs. Hunt?

Palmer Schmidt & Dylan Tanttari

Ms. Hunt is one of the many fantastic teachers at West Jessamine Middle School, and teaches science on the seventh-grade Mavericks team.  She has been teaching for two years and never fails to excite her students about learning new things. 

The way Hunt teaches is approved by teachers and students alike.  She is very energetic and personable. According to Cody Spivey, a seventh-grade student, “She’s like everybody’s friend.”  Ms. Hunt herself says that making connections and building relationships with students is her favorite part of the job.

Hunt suffered from dyslexia and celiac disease but was still able to become a talented teacher.  Spivey says that she makes boring subjects interesting and the hands on labs she does are fun. In her class students participated in a Hot wWheels project that helped them to learn more about potential energy, which the students gave a big thumbs up as they got to play with cars while learning at the same time. She jokes with students for fun, but teaches them things at the same time. 

Not only is Hunt a superstar teacher, she also has 15 years of martial arts training in Tae-kwon-do and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. While it’s not very handy in the classroom, it’s fun to share with her students. 

Hunt is looking forward to the bodily systems unit this year. “It is so relatable to students. I’m excited to see what we are going to do this year,” she said.   

Spivey, on the other hand, is hoping for a mechanical science unit because he likes to know how things work.

Whatever way the curriculum goes this year, Hunt will undoubtedly make something new and enjoyable out of it!