West Middle Prepares for Students to Return

West+Jessamine+Middle+School+is+preparing+for+the+return+of+students.+

Photo by: West Press Staff

West Jessamine Middle School is preparing for the return of students.

West Middle teachers and staff are busy preparing for soft open days Sept. 22, 23 and 24. and then a return to in-person instruction Sept. 28.

The week of the 21st-25th will look like this:
Monday the 21st:

• All students participate on their current EDL schedule.

Tuesday the 22nd:

• 8th Grade Students whose families have chosen in-person instruction will attend West Middle in-person and will follow their daily 9am-4pm bell schedule.  Busses will run on a typical school day (bus route information can be found here: http://www.infofinderi.com/ifi/?cid=JCS04617539185).  Students will be required to have their temperatures checked in the morning and at lunch and will be required to wear a mask for the entire day.
  • 8th Grade Students whose families have chosen Virtual Learning will continue to follow their current EDL schedule.
  • All 7th Grade students will follow their current EDL schedule.
  • All 6th Grade students will follow their current EDL schedule.

Wednesday the 23rd:

• All 8th Grade students will follow their current EDL schedule.
  • 7th Grade students whose families have chosen in-person instruction will attend West Middle in person and follow their daily 9am-4pm bell schedule.  Busses will run on a typical school day (bus route information can be found here: http://www.infofinderi.com/ifi/?cid=JCS04617539185).  Students will be required to have their temperature checked in the morning and at lunch and will be required to wear a mask for the entire day.
  • 7th Grade students whose families have chosen Virtual Learning will continue to follow their current EDL schedule.

Thursday the 24th:

• 6th Grade students whose families have chosen in-person instruction will attend West Middle in person and follow their daily 9am-4pm bell schedule.  Busses will run on a typical school day (bus route information can be found here: http://www.infofinderi.com/ifi/?cid=JCS04617539185).  Students will be required to have their temperature checked in the morning and at lunch and will be required to wear a mask for the entire day.
  • 6th Grade Students whose families have chosen Virtual Learning will continue to follow their current EDL schedule.

Friday the 25th:

• All WJMS students will follow their EDL schedules.

Important Reminders for Families of In-Person Students:

• Our School Day has changed.  This year, students will be in school from 9am-4pm.
  • WJMS’s Doors will NOT BE OPEN UNTIL 8:30 AM.  Students cannot be dropped off before this time.  If a student is on campus before 8:30, we will ask that student call and be picked up by someone on their emergency pick up list.  Please understand that this “hard stance,” is directly tied to West Middle’s new criteria surrounding being able to open up safely for our students and teachers.  Thank you for your understanding and compliance with this expectation.
  • All students will have their temperature as they enter the school building and again at lunch time.
  • All students will wear their masks in the hallways and while in the classroom.